As the world moves farther down the mobile path, the advantages of including images within search results are clear: image results are more easily seen, understood and clickable than traditional organic listings.
Perhaps it’s for this reason that Google Images are now shown to be 32.4 percent of search results within MozCast.com’s SERP Feature History for the past 30 days (at the time of this writing), as compared to 24.6 percent recorded in October 2013.
With this in mind, I thought it was a good time to recap some image optimization tips to help improve image visibility within search results.
- Image should have a relevant two- to four-word filename.
- Image should use a descriptive two- to four-word ALT tag.
- It should have a relevant heading, caption or surrounding text.
- Use clear images, placed high up on the page, that specify width and height attributes.
- Create and submit an image sitemap.
via Marketing Land