Today is a special day & all this started with this conversation between two friends.
Me (Harsh): Hey Dude, Can I borrow your credit card!
Me: I want to buy hosting & a domain name for my blog.
Ankit: You are mad! Are you sure about it?
Me: Yes, I’m
& he gave me his credit card.
I opened Dreamhost.com & it was 30th November 2008 when I purchased anything online for the first time. The product that I purchased was domain name & hosting & that too from money I borrowed from a friend.
It sounded like a story of yesterday when ShoutMeLoud became online. Something which started from one room flat has become an identity in itself & touching the life of many all around the globe.
Today, on 1st December ShoutMeLoud turns eight years old, and it’s been an epic journey so far. Something that I started out of passion turned into an identity of itself.
Here are some cool facts about ShoutMeLoud:
- Started on 1st December 2008
- Won best Blog award in 2013, 2016
- 2,370 Blog posts live
- ShoutMeLoud left a mark at numerous events including WordCamp, Affiliate Summit, India Affiliate Summit, IBM Event, Socilathon.
- Conducted offline workshop (ShoutUP) with selected batches in 2015
- Launched ShoutMeLoud store in 2015
- Launched ShoutUniversity in 2016
- Traveled 7000 Km on the road in 16 days (ShoutMeet), we created awareness about blogging in the whole country of India.
- First Indian blog to virtually speak at an event organized by a fellow entrepreneur/blogger in Pakistan.
- We live in office free life & most of our staff members are digital nomad
- We believe in talent over age or experience. That’s why 30% of our team is in college. We were lucky enough to have many college dropouts working for us in the past eight years.
- Formed an LLP corporation in India (2016)
- Formed a company in U.S.A (2016)
- We are here to stay for next 10+ years
There are much more things happened in the past 8 years & I just want to take a moment of yours to say Thank you. These journies would have been incomplete without you & million others who are connected to ShoutMeLoud.
It’s a happy happy day,
Happy 8th-anniversary ShoutMeLoud!
There is always something happening here in our team. We are a team of 8+ members out of them four are permanent & rest are working as a freelancer. We have constantly been evolving as a team & individually as a person. Our immediate plans are to improve Shoutuniversity to make it a one step solution for all your online marketing need.
In 2017 we wish to launch Jobs section at ShoutMeLoud which would empower blogger & freelancers around the globe to get new jobs or to hire new talents. If you have started our journey late with us, no worries! We ensure all our content become timeless.
As time passes, you will be the first one to now what’s new happening & more than that you will also learn how to do that for your own business. 8 years back I made a promise to myself about growing blogging as an Industry & career option, I’m going to keep working towards it.
With this, I thank you again for being a part of the journey. With you, this journey has been a fun ride.
I would look forward to seeing your messages in the comment section below. If ShoutMeLoud has made an impact in your life, I would love to hear that too.
Subscribe on Youtube