Here’s our recap of what happened in online marketing today, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Why UX is pivotal to the future of SEO
Feb 23, 2017 by David Freeman
As search engine algorithms become more sophisticated, many believe user signals will play a greater role in search rankings. Columnist David Freeman explains what this means for forward-looking SEO professionals.
- Has machine learning created a new model for SEO ranking?
Feb 23, 2017 by Larry Kim
When Google introduced RankBrain into its ranking algorithm, many wondered how that might impact SEO. Columnist Larry Kim theorizes that it has placed greater importance on user signals.
- 7 ways small retailers can compete with retail giants using Google Shopping
Feb 23, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Think you’re too small to benefit from Google Shopping campaigns? Think again! Columnist Andreas Reiffen has some advice for smaller retailers looking to improve their Product Listing Ads.
- On a buying spree, Hootsuite adds analytics provider LiftMetrix
Feb 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
Following its purchase of adtech firm AdEspresso two weeks ago, the new acquisition will boost Hootsuite’s ability to demonstrate ROI.
- Tru Optik now allows identified customer data for OTT TV ad targeting, through LiveRamp
Feb 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
A brand’s personally identifiable customer profiles can be handled by LiveRamp, anonymized, and passed to Tru Optik for ad targeting.
- Brainshark, Highspot join their products into ‘only complete sales enablement solution’
Feb 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
While the products remain independent, an integrated version combines sales training, content creation and organization, and publishing.
- LinkedIn Ads: How to target your ideal prospect, every time
Feb 23, 2017 by AJ Wilcox
Columnist AJ Wilcox walks you through LinkedIn targeting methods and campaign strategies that will help you reach your audience efficiently and at a lower cost.
- Facebook opens mid-roll ads to more Live broadcasters, starts non-live test
Feb 23, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Eligible video creators in the US will be able to insert 20-second ad breaks four minutes into live streams with at least 300 concurrent viewers.
- 5 tips for sending an email blast without getting blacklisted
Feb 23, 2017 by Scott Heimes
Marketers need to plan carefully to ensure their email campaigns actually reach inboxes. Columnist Scott Heimes outlines five tips to help you avoid the dreaded blacklist.
- Facebook, Google the global app-install leaders, but Twitter wins for retention
Feb 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Apple Search Ads also delivered high user retention for non-gaming apps.
- Survey: Snapchat is a fleeting hobby, and ads don’t stick
Feb 23, 2017 by Tamar Weinberg
A recent survey by Fluent found that Snapchat is definitely popular among the younger demographic — but it may just be a fad.
- What distinguishes conversion optimization from good design?
Feb 23, 2017 by Brian Massey
Columnist Brian Massey argues that conversion optimization is distinct from other web marketing practices.
- All new! B2B Marketing Automation Platforms Marketer’s Guide updated for 2017
Feb 22, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
The latest edition of MarTech Today’s “B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide” examines the market for B2B marketing automation software platforms and the considerations involved in implementing this software into your business.
Online Marketing News From Around The Web:
Blogs & Blogging
- 101+ Blog Post Headline Formulas You Can Swipe and Deploy, Jeff Bullas
- How and Where to Repost Blog Content Safely, Convince and Convert
- How to Move Your Blog from WordPress.com to WordPress.org, WPExplorer
- Apple, Google and more speak out against Trump revoking guidelines protecting trans students, TechCrunch
- Google.org is committing $11.5 million to racial justice, TechCrunch
- 3 Content Marketing Mysteries Solved, Copyblogger
- 5 Things That Will Help Your Content Go Viral, Search Engine Journal
- A Seven-Step Process for Inbound Marketing & Content Success, MarketingProfs
- Can One Trick Pony Content Deliver On-going Results For You?, Heidi Cohen
- How to Craft a Successful Content Marketing Strategy, KoMarketing
- Use Design to Elevate Your Content Marketing, Duct Tape Marketing
Copywriting, Design & Usability
- 10 Most Popular WordPress Themes, Small Biz Trends
- 40% of Online Ads Are Found to Be Overweight and Slow Sites, AdAge
- Need To Knows For Revamping Your Website, CopyPressed
- 4 eCommerce Lessons From the Top Digitally Native Brands of 2017, Simply Measured
- 7 surprising e-commerce trends for 2017, Innternet Retailer
- Amazon cites First Amendment protection for Alexa in Arkansas murder case, TechCrunch
- EBay brings reselling capabilities to “social organizer” app, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Returning Ecommerce Visitors: How to “Nudge” Non-Buyers, Shopify Plus
- UK Ecommerce Growth in January Slowed, eMarketer
- 5 Email Personalization Best Practices to Master, AWeber Communications
- 5 Questions with an Email Expert, Movable Ink Blog
General Internet Marketing
- Account-Based Marketing Tactics, Challenges & Goals, MarketingProfs
- An Open Letter to Clients Considering an Ad Agency Review, AdAge
- The Fates Of VR, AR And Digital Marketing Are Intertwined, AdExchanger
- What Is Digital Marketing? (Full History) + More, Ignite Visibility
- What True Collaboration in Digital Marketing Looks Like (And How I Learned It), Simply Measured
Internet Marketing Industry
- Rubicon Project and Metamarkets Team Up to Provide Media Buyers Interactive Programmatic Analytics, PR Newswire
- Content Technologies: How to Realize the Promises and Avoid the Pitfalls, Content Marketing Institute
- How Machine Learning is Upending Marketing, CMS Wire
- Most Marketers Worldwide Have Personalization Strategies in Place, eMarketer
- Three Emerging Technologies Will Revolutionize Your Digital Marketing Strategy, Mack Collier
- 70% of Marketers Intend to Increase 2017 Mobile Marketing Budgets, KoMarketing
- Bidding In A Mobile Centric 2017, PPC Hero
- How micro-influencers are becoming essential to marketers, VentureBeat
- MobileBest: What it means and why you can’t afford to ignore it, Tune
- The economics of mobile retargeting, Mobile Commerce Daily
- Why your push notifications should have emojis, Tune
- 3 Ways to Find Prospects Using Twitter, Social Media Examiner
- eMarketer Releases New Report on B2B Use of Social Platforms, eMarketer
- Facebook Is Trying To Smooth Over Relationships With The Media, BuzzFeed News
- Facebook’s new profile photo flags and Zuck’s idea of “community”, TechCrunch
- How Do I Set Up Facebook Ad Manager Accounts for Clients?, Flyte New Media
- How to Be Successful on Social: Prime Your Pump!, Social Media Explorer
- How to Create Beautiful Pinterest Pins, Tailwind Blog
- Pinterest’s one-tap ads – a quick study, 3Q Digital
- 5 Reasons Why YouTube May Be Social Media’s Greatest Success Story, Social Media Explorer
- A conversation with Manny Gutierrez, the trailblazer and YouTube makeup maven, Official YouTube Blog
- How to Prep for and Plan a Video Marketing Campaign, MarketingProfs
- How Top Brands & Publishers Use Facebook Video & FB Live, MediaKix
- Twitter opens up Periscope Producer service to everyone, VentureBeat
via Marketing Land